Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stubborn

Once I put my big, puffy, four-layer winter coat away, I have such a hard time convincing myself to bring it back out when Mother Nature decides to be flaky.  And by flaky, I mean snow-flaky.

My fall/spring jacket has gotten much use in the past several weeks as it has been rather mild.  Last Friday, temperatures in the Philadelphia peaked somewhere in the mid-70s.

Too good to be true?  Of course.

I should have known that finicky March would live up to its reputation.  When I left the house this morning, I was greeted by a freezing cold, misty precipitation that, along the way to work, managed to change over to snow.

Not very heavy, and certainly not enough to accumulate even a dusting, but it was snow, nonetheless.

The weathermen are forecasting similarly chilly mornings for the next few days, some with the threat of more snow, but I’ll be better prepared.  I’m stubborn and still refuse to bring out the aforementioned winter coat; instead I will be donning a handmade cowl for warmth.  That’s right—I’ve been living up to my promise.


How is Mother Nature treating you?



1 comment: