Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Have you missed me?

My life has been a bit of a whirlwind the past several weeks--constantly moving from one thing to the next.  The good news is, I am alive and well and eager to take on whatever life throws at me this week. :-)

***

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to see a lovely group of ladies--ladies who I could not imagine being without on my wedding day.  We sent our men off to a movie and ducked into a dress shop to try on bridesmaids dresses for the big day.

I asked the consultant to grab sample gowns in the styles [I thought] I liked, and we wasted no time getting into them!  I guess you could say it was a fairly standard visit to the salon.  For the most part, I was able to quickly determine which dresses were potential yesses and which were perfect candidates for the no pile.

The first few dresses were tolerable, and in fact the very first dress we tried ended up making it to the finals.  I stumbled into trouble when in came to the dress I had loved the moment I saw it.  I had already determined in my head this would be the dress--it would be amazing.

I'm sure you can guess where this story is headed.

Due to some unexpected and unfortunate issues with the layering of different fabrics, I was stuck.  Stuck because the image I had in my head was so very different from the reality staring me in the face.

Ultimately, the dress found itself among the no's, and I found myself back at the drawing board, pouring through catalogues.

Feeling mildly defeated, I asked the consultant to once again grab some dresses, this time in styles I never thought I would have my girls try.  SURPRISE--it worked.  I did some final comparisons and came to a final decision.  I even had my picture of the bouquet I found and love held up to the dress to ensure it was the *perfect* match.

:-) It was!

[Had I learned my lesson the last time I was there selecting my gown, I likely would have done things in reverse this time around.]

-Melanie
PS I have a wonderful surprise for you, coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. yay for perserverance! it will all be worth it in the end;)
    gina

    ReplyDelete