Tuesday, April 19, 2011

We're going to...

...Missouri??


Yep!  B and I are packing our bags and heading to St. Louis, MO for a few days.

I have very much enjoyed people's reactions to this news.  I realize this is a fairly random destination, but it's still amusing.  People want to know why we're going to Missouri of all places.  Well, here it is, our top 5 reasons to going to St. Louis:

1) On short notice, it was one of the most affordable places we could have chosen.  The runner up was Providence, RI.
2) We're big baseball fans and think it'll be fun to see another city's stadium, even if the Phillies will not be in town.  [Going to LA was just a biiiit  beyond our budget.]
3) I haven't taken more than 4 days off since starting my big girl job in September, so even though this will only be a 2-3 day trip, it has given me something to look forward to.
4) There are plenty of things to do in St. Louis--and many of them are free!  Although the Arch is not one of the free attractions, going to the top is on my bucket list.  No better time than the present!
5) Why not Missouri? :-)

Bon Voyage!



Have you ever been to St. Louis?  What do you recommend?

1 comment: